Parsons Summer Academy offers a variety of dynamic in-person non-credit art and design courses for students in grades 3 through 12. Join us for two weeks in August at our Greenwich Village campus to explore art and design through hands-on projects that develop your creative thinking skills, techniques, and collaborative abilities. Students grades 9-12 can also focus on creating a specialized fine art or design portfolio.
Parsons Academy classes are conducted in three groups, divided by traditional school grade level. Students should select the appropriate course by using their grade levels they are rising into in the following fall as a guide. In addition to summer courses, we offer a variety of fall and spring courses.
- Grades 3-5: Cartooning, Foundations of Art & Design, and Toy Design.
- Grades 6-8: Animation, Design & Wear, Digital Video & Photography, Fashion Design, Game Design, and Painting & Drawing.
- Grades 9-12: Accessory Design, Animation, Architecture, Digital Video & Photography, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Product Design, and more.
The on-campus youth and pre-college program will run from July 31 through August 11, 2023, with three hours of creative programming for students in grades 3-5 and six hours of immersive art and design explorations for students in grades 6-12 each weekday, five days a week for two weeks.
On-Campus Session Dates: July 31 - August 11, 2023
Grades 3-5: Half Day Sessions, 9:00 a.m. - 11:50 a.m. ET
Grades 6-12: Full Day Sessions, 9:00 a.m. - 3:50 p.m. ET (with one-hour lunch break)
What You'll Need
Required for all students
- A digital Camera (mobile device cameras are suitable)
- Supplies on class list (estimated cost: $75-$125)
Suggested, but not required for students
- Access to a modern computer and mouse
- Access to headphones, microphone, and webcam
- Access to stable high-speed Internet connection
You may register for one course from our website. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are accepted in the order in which they are received. Early application is strongly encouraged. Students will be charged a non-refundable university fee.
- Grades 3-5: $720 plus fees
- Grades 6-12: $1,440 plus fees
Registration Deadline: TBD
Housing: This summer program does not offer the option of on-campus housing.