Oxford Summer Courses offers exciting 2-week summer programs across 40+ subjects. Delve into a subject you love guided by an expert tutor alongside students from all over the world in a world class university setting in Oxford or Cambridge. Small class sizes mean that teaching can be tailored to the student interests and are designed to challenge perspectives and develop new ways of thinking. Where will your learning take you?..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Healthcare
- Sub-Categories: Career Exploration, Healthcare
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
- Career Clusters: Health Science
- Credit Awarded: No
- Meeting: Schedule a Meeting
Cell biology meets the human body for a taste of modern medicine. Learn about the importance of understanding normal function to tackle human disease and explore how new research could fundamentally redefine treatment.
The more we know, the greater chance we have at developing breakthrough cures and treatments. Study Medicine with us and we’ll get there faster.
You’ll learn a broad base of knowledge and skills, covering topics from human disease, developmental biology, to regenerative medicine.
Learn the Oxford way with tutorial-style teaching. Your expert tutor will foster self-directed learning and critical thinking through interactive seminars in small groups (no bigger than 8). During your course, you will complete two pieces of independent work (essays or problem sheets), which your tutor will then evaluate in either a 1:1 or 2:1 tutorial. Tutorials will provide you with the opportunity to discuss your work and feedback with your tutor and learn new perspectives from your classmates. On completion of the course, you'll receive a certificate and letter of recommendation from your tutor.
It’s all about balance. Study with us in Oxford, Cambridge or London and we’ll help you embrace everything the city has to offer – from socialising with new friends with shared interests to field trips and excursions for practical lessons you just can’t learn from a textbook. We understand students. We make sure you’re stimulated with a social calendar that packs it all in.
And of course, you’ll experience the true university way of life from weekly formal dinners to competitive debating and croquet. Remember to save some energy for dancing the night away at a disco!
Cost and Session Information
The current course fees for 2023 are £5895, this includes:
- All teaching, including tutorials (1 or 2 students per tutor), small group seminars (8 students or less) and skills development workshops
- Accommodation and breakfast every day
- All evening meals including those at local restaurants
- A three-course college banquet each Friday evening
- A graduation ceremonyAll programmed visits and excursions
- Airport transfers (UK courses only and conditions apply)
- Access to Oxford Summer Courses Foundations