- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Australia, France, Italy, United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Six Weeks, Four Weeks, Other, Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: <$500
In the New York Film Academy Acting Camp, students are immersed in an intensive, professional educational experience, combining fun, experiential, interactive workshops with direct, hands-on acting in front of the camera.
The New York Film Academy Acting Camp is offering 1-week, 3-week and 4-week intensive basic workshops; also 3-week, 4-week, and 6-week Advanced Acting programs. The Basic Workshops are suitable for those students who may have acted in the past but have never enrolled in anything beyond standard drama classes. The Advanced Acting Workshops are suitable for those students who have undergone more professional-level training and/or who have the prerequisite experience necessary to prove their ability to act on stage and film with an audition.
Unlike standard high school drama classes, our Acting Camp creates an immersive experience in specific areas of study in the acting craft, offering workshops as diverse as Acting for Film, Scene Study, Monologue, Voice and Movement, Technique, Improvisation and the Business of Acting. We believe in building a strong, base foundation in the art. And while many of our foundation courses can be applied to any performance experience, the New York Film Academy excels in providing training and feedback in acting in front of the camera.