- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Career Exploration
- Sub-Categories: Music, Internships, Singing/ Vocal Training
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Credit Awarded: Yes
We offer talented individuals the opportunity to audition and join us in our weekly rehearsals and scheduled performances with the goal to sing with experienced singers and further develop their vocal skills for the future. Interns benefit from working alongside professional and experienced singers, being mentored throughout the semester. The duration of an internship could be as short as a single semester, or as long as they continue their schooling.
Hartford Chorale has a long history of including younger singers, ie. Interns, into our vocal repertoire. We recognize the need to cultivate younger singers into higher level choirs in order to perpetuate the art.
The Chorale offers this opportunity at no cost to the student, thanks to the generosity of our donors. In order to maintain this program, it is essential that we actively recruit from schools (both high schools and colleges) within the region.