- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Provided By: College, Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Computer Science, Game Design, Web Design, Mathematics
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: Cognia
Get immersed in the world of computer game design at the Game & Technology Academy, powered by George Mason University. You’ll get your hands on the latest technologies and tap into the vast knowledge and experience of leading game and design gurus in Mason’s state-of-the-art labs.
At the Game & Technology Academy, high school students will be immersed in the world of computer game design and have access to the latest software, tools and equipment, as well as the vast knowledge and experience of the leading game and design gurus at George Mason University. This is your chance to turn your passion for gaming into a game plan for success!
Students choose from three content tracks where they will learn to develop, design, program and publish an original animation or game:
- 3D Game Design
- Art & Animation for 3D Games
- Machine Learning/Python
See your dream become reality! Throughout the program, you’ll collaborate with other like-minded future gamers and designers, as you create and ultimately showcase what could be the next Triple A title to your peers.