The Engineering Summer Academy at Penn offers a unique summer opportunity for a select group of motivated and talented high school students. Experience rigorous and challenging college-level studies at our high-tech, ivy-league program in the heart of Philadelphia!..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Computer Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
- Career Clusters: Information Technology, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (215) 898-0053
Students will be introduce to the practical work and foundations of computer programming. They will learn about the wide variety of different programming languages, along with concepts like abstraction, modularity, objects, and more.
This course is designed for beginners with little to no experience in programming. However, students who have already taken AP-level computer science courses can also benefit.
This program will teach students the very basics of computer science and it's origin, in order to help them understand how we went from binary to what computer science can achieve now!