- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Bio Technology
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18
Biotechnology is a growing and exciting field that uses techniques borne from genetic engineering. In this course, students will learn about the fundamentals of molecular biology and a chance to carry out molecular cloning experiments in the lab.
Students will also have a chance to work on a group research proposal in order to tackle a current problem in biotechnology. They will also attend a journal club to discuss recent journal article, as well as listen to Penn faculty discuss current research and areas related to biotechnology.