- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: STEM, Biology, Environmental Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Credit Awarded: No
The Drexel Environmental Science Leadership Academy, or DESLA, is an exciting summer program full of adventure, science, and leadership training. Find out more!
During this program, students will explore the environment with a critical eye. They'' habitat-hop from the maritime forest to seaside along the New Jersey coastline. They may also explore the beautiful Lake Lacawac in the Poconos and prehistoric geologic formations in Yellowstone National Park. Through these experiences, students will gain invaluable hands-on experience in a variety of research areas. They'll gain a better understanding of the marsh, Pine Barren, lake, and beach from an ecological standpoint. Students are also offered the choice to join in virtually and go explore their local environment.