- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: Three Weeks
- Entering Grade: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Sailing
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
Beginner Dinghy Sailing (ages 12 and up) is designed to introduce students to sailing dinghies independently (small sailboats with centerboards instead of keels). Dinghies are small, fast, fun, close to the water, and capable of capsizing!
Each session of Step 4 lasts three weeks, and students frequently repeat this step for a number of summers. During this time, they apply the skills mastered in Step 3 to take on more complex challenges, competing in local regattas cruising out to the Boston Harbor Islands for overnight camping trips.