- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United Kingdom
- Program Delivery: Residential, Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: July
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Music
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Credit Awarded: No
We are offering a unique opportunity for young conductors to gain hands-on experience and expert tuition in conducting. We offer two separate weeks of our conducting programme. The first week is for students with a modest amount of experience. The second week is for more advanced students with considerable experience. Students may attend the two weeks consecutively. Find out more!
Our conducting programme encompasses all the essential rehearsal and performance aspects for young conductors. Each day will comprise a full warm up followed by individual and group tuition across the following areas:
- Score reading and preparation
- Musical analysis and history
- Baton technique
- Rehearsal technique
- Controlling, shaping and phrasing
Students will also have the chance to conduct part of a live rehearsal. During the Intermediate week students will be working with smaller chamber ensembles. During the Advanced week there will be opportunities to spend some time observing and contributing to rehearsals with the Ingenium Academy orchestra/choir.
Students will have the rare opportunity to attend "question and answer" sessions with professional orchestral players, to learn from the performers' perspective about the best forms of communication and direction for each instrument group.