Arcos Journeys Abroad is a premier summer study abroad program for high school students. It is the division of Arcos Learning Abroad dedicated to working with participants ages 14 to 18 years of age. Join us for the summer of your life!..(more)
- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Costa Rica
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Mental Health & Well-Being
- Sub-Categories: Spanish, Animals/Nature, Hiking, Whitewater Rafting, Health and Well Being, Stress Reduction
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Career Clusters: Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources
- Credit Awarded: No
- Call: (512) 380-1706
- Meeting: Schedule a Meeting
Immerse yourself in the “pura vida” lifestyle of Costa Rica! Base out of the tropical paradise of La Fortuna and experience all that this wonderful country has to offer through hiking, horseback riding, whitewater rafting and beach exploration. Travel to the Blue Zone on the Pacific Coast to learn about the diet and habits of one of the world's healthiest and longest-living populations. Focus on wellness through exercise, diet, and lifestyle.
This program is directed by the fabulous Maria Molina, who ran the Spanish immersion programs from 2007 to 2018 in Atenas. Maria and her husband live in La Fortuna and run a cattle ranch and dairy farm. They are involved in ecotourism, health and wellness projects, and Spanish teaching. The couple manages the Bogarin Trail, which grew out of land set aside on the ranch 20 years ago and now teems with endemic flora and fauna.
Cost and Session Information
Please visit our website for more information!