- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Marine Biology, Geology
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Call: (800) 375-0058
The Acadia Institute of Oceanography offers a two week Intermediate program for students in grades 5-8.
The Intermediate sessions are designed for students age 12-15 and present a solid natural history approach to oceanography while introducing students to basic marine concepts and laboratory procedures. Many students who attend an Intermediate session will return another year for an advanced session.
Each evening our staff or visiting speakers present special lectures that provide background information for the field activities, and mini-seminars about topics in oceanography are offered daily before dinner. There are also optional morning lessons in laboratory techniques. And all students design and maintain a saltwater aquarium.
Cost and Session Information
There are two Intermediate sessions offered; one in early July and one in mid-August.