The Windsor School is an independent, coeducational, middle and high school, located in the vibrant community of Flushing, New York. We draw students from the local communities as well as from various foreign countries.
We have a rigorous academic program and expect our students to take four years of mathematics and science in addition to social studies and English. Programs must be rounded out with electives, art or AP classes. Courses of study are updated and revised to meet the Learning Standards of New York State and the National Common Core.
Our modern facility is comfortable, quiet and conducive to learning. Small classes enhance the effectiveness of an experienced and dedicated staff. On site physical education consists of yoga, aerobics and table tennis. Our soccer team plays and practices at nearby Flushing Meadow Park. The Flushing YMCA is used as our practice facility and home court for our basketball team. We also use the National Tennis Center.
Please do not hesitate to call for additional information and remember, every day is an open house at the Windsor School.
· All of our homestay families are carefully chosen. Each are visited regularly by Windsor School administration.
· Homestay accommodations includes a Wi-Fi enabled private bedroom, breakfast and dinner each day, plus lunch on Saturday and Sunday.
· Homestays are located within 15-20 minutes of the school.
· A New York City Student MetroCard is provided, at no cost, if public transportation is used to travel to and from school.
· Homestay Fee: from $1,300 per month.