- Listing Type: Private Schools
- Residency: Day
- Type: Private, Special Needs, Therapeutic, Gifted
- Grades Offered: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Country: United States
- High School Admission Test: Not Required
- CEEB: 210954
- IPED: 2032085
- Application Fee: $50
- Tution Day: $40,487
- Special Needs Served: Learning Differences, Therapeutic
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships
Chelsea School was established in 1976 by Betty Nehemias and Eleanor Worthy, two parents from Washington, DC with children with dyslexia. From the very beginning, the focus was on providing a skill-based curriculum to students organized in small homogenous groups based on reading level.
Chelsea School educates promising students with specific language-based learning differences in a rigorous, individualized college preparatory environment to become lifelong, independent learners.