- Listing Type: Colleges & Universities
- Top Majors: Architecture and Planning, Art and Design, Business and Entrepreneurship, Computer and Information Sciences, Engineering, STEM
- Degrees Awarded: 4 Year + Graduate
- Type: Private
- Campus Setting: Suburban
- Testing Requirements: ACT, SAT
- Financial Aid: Grants/Scholarships, Loans, Work Study
- Gender: Coed
- Country: United States
- Delivery: Day, Residential
- Affiliation: The Common App, CACHET (Engineering & Technology Colleges), Army ROTC, Air Force ROTC
- Religious Affiliation: None
- CEEB: 1399
- IPED: 170675
Lawrence Technological University combines the benefits of a caring, small college atmosphere with the academic depth and scope of a larger university. Lawrence Tech takes a personal approach to education, and the University attracts students who have made some big plans for themselves.
Lawrence Technological University was founded in 1932 in the middle of an innovation explosion that would change the world. None other than Henry and Edsel Ford helped launch the revolutionary experiment that would become LTU, providing guidance and space in their sprawling former Model T assembly plant for the fledgling school.
Today, we're still changing the world. Since those early beginnings, students and alumni have gone on to design and engineer the tools, buildings, and products that helped define their generations. And tomorrow's LTU students will do the same.
Here, we're about Theory and Practice – taking abstract ideas into the real world to solve tomorrow's problems. Our reputation comes as much from what were doing now as it does from our storied past.
If you're a thinker, a visionary, or a builder, if you're curious, then you're Lawrence Tech. Come roll up your sleeves and dive in at one of the nation's best schools for engineering, architecture, science, and applied technology.