This program is designed for the child interested in performance or technical aspects of theatre. Campers are placed in age-appropriate groups supervised by high school and college-age counselors under the direction of adult professionals.
This summers day camp production, The Princess and the Magic Pea, features a variety of performance opportunities for boys and girls.
Performance Program: Designed for the child interested in performance, this program provides arts enrichment in a nurturing, safe, and fun environment, culminating in a full-scale theatrical production. Participants are placed in age-appropriate groups supervised by high school and college-age counselors under the direction of adult professionals. The focus is on arts education, group cooperation and fun!
Technical Theatre Program: Participants will explore the behind-the-scenes efforts that bring the magic alive on stage. Students work with experienced technical staff to build and decorate sets and props and also serve as run-crew for the company’s two summer productions. From blueprint reading for building sets and developing construction and painting skills, to learning how theatrical lighting is designed and implemented, tech program participants explore a variety of technical theatre areas.
The program welcomes students with a range of skill levels, from the tech-curious to the tech-savvy. Not everyone who is interested in theatre is a performer, and the tech program is not only a great way for those kids to get involved in theatre but is an essential part of VTC’s mission to provide all kinds of theatre opportunities to young people.
Cost and Session Information
- Registration for our performance and technical theatre summer camp begins March 6th, 2017.
- Enrollment: $650 Voorhees Residents; $675 non-residents
- Performance Program: Students entering 3rd grade through 8th grade as of September, 2017
- Technical Theatre Program: Students entering 7th grade through 10th grade as of September, 2017OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF ALL COMMUNITIES
- Performance Program: Mondays to Thursdays, June 26 to August 3, 2017 (no camp July 3rd or 4th) 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Technical Theatre Program: Mondays to Thursdays June 26 to August 5,9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with additional time in the evenings of Aug. 3 to 5, Sunday August 6, and evenings August 7 to 12.
- The “Snap Peas” cast will perform Wed., Aug. 2, 10 a.m.; Thurs., Aug. 3, 7:30 p.m.; Sat., Aug. 5, 7:30 p.m.
- The “Snow Peas” cast will perform Thurs., Aug. 3, 10 a.m.; Fri., Aug. 4, 7:30 p.m.; Sat., Aug. 5, 2:00 p.m.