First time members of the Children’s Theater Program participate in one of our six shows presented for a children’s audience. Performances are Tuesday through Friday at 10:30 am and Thursday evenings at 7:30 pm.
Rehearsals are held in the morning from 9 am to 12 noon and in the afternoons from 1 to 4:30 pm. There will be one weekend rehearsal for each show. Children’s Theater is not all day every day. Members attend when they are needed for rehearsals. A detailed rehearsal schedule will be given at the first cast meeting for each show. Parents are expected to help your child assume responsibility for attending rehearsals and learning lines. Please do not schedule family vacations, camps, summer school or medical appointments during rehearsal times.
Participants must be 14 years of age or finished 8th grade by June 15, 2017 or must have participated in Children’s Theater last year. Members who have completed one full session of the Rising Stars Program may enter Children’s Theater at age 13 but are limited to one show. Participants will be assigned to a cast after registration and will be notified by mail the week of April 18. Please do not call the Box Office for assignments. First meetings for each cast are on the first date listed below.
Cost and Session Information
Children's Theater Fees
- One show: $180 for residents, $335 for nonresidents
- Second show: $130 for residents, $210 for nonresidents (if openings are available)
- Scholarships: A limited number of financial need scholarships are available. Request a scholarship application while registering.
Children's Theater Dates (You MUST be available 9am-4:30pm Mon-Friday these dates)
- June 13-July 7, 2017: Annie, Jr.
- June 19-July 14, 2017: Madagascar, Jr.
- June 19-July 21, 2017: Shrek the Musical, Jr.
- July 5-July 28, 2017: How I Became A Pirate
- July 11-August 4, 2017: Curious George: The Golden Meatball
- July 18-August 11, 2017: Disney's Beauty and the Beast, Jr.