For more than 55 years, USY Summer Experience has provided life-changing summer travel opportunities. Our trip destinations include North America, Israel, Europe, and beyond, opening participants eyes to new places, experiences, and different cultures all over the globe.
United Synagogue Youth (USY) offers a broad variety of summer programs. Whether touring across North America on USY on Wheels or exploring Israel and/or parts of Europe on our various Israel Pilgrimage programs USY has something for everyone!
USY Summer Programs provide an exciting way to explore your Jewish identity and tour North America, Europe and Israel. Experience the beauty of Shabbat, learn about the power of Tzedakah, and gain inspiration through creative prayer and engaging interactive Jewish learning programs.
We look forward to seeing you on a USY summer program! Please read on for more details about the summer programs we offer:
North America Trips
- Classic USY on Wheels: http://usy.org/escape/usy-on-wheels/ Travel coast to coast with other Jewish teens on this six and half week adventure. Along the way, you’ll meet the famous mouse at Disneyland, watch the sunrise over the Grand Canyon, and discover a rainbow of natural phenomena, from the California Redwoods to Yellowstone National Park to the vivid pink and orange hues of the Painted Desert.
- USY on Wheels, Pacific Northwest: http://usy.org/escape/usy-on-wheels-pacific-northwest/ Take in the rich coffee-soaked culture of Seattle, the quirkiness of Portland, and the beauty of Vancouver, British Columbia on Pacific Northwest. Explore some of North America’s most spectacular sights from Mount Rainier in Washington State to Crater Lake in Oregon, and top it all off with a week-long Alaskan cruise on Norwegian cruise lines!
- USY on Wheels, East: http://usy.org/escape/usy-on-wheels-east/ Begin your USY summer experience here! From the CN Tower in Toronto to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando and all points in between, see the best of what the East Coast has to offer on this summertime adventure for 7th and 8th graders!
- USY on Wheels, West: http://usy.org/escape/usy-on-wheels-west/ Cruise down the sunny Pacific Coast Highway, stopping along the way to relax on the beaches of California, hike the natural beauty of the Southwest’s national parks, and journey from the dizzying heights of Colorado to the flat salt plains if Utah! Come experience the laid-back, feel-good vibes of the West Coast on this new, trip, exclusively for current 7th and 8th graders!
Check out our USY on Wheels promotional video to see highlights from past summers!: https://vimeo.com/237469910
DREAM USY: An Adventure in the Dominican Republic: http://usy.org/escape/dream_usy_dominican/ Explore the beauty, experience the culture, and taste the flavors of the Dominican Republic this summer with USY! DREAM USY: An Adventure in the Dominican Republic, is our new summer program in partnership with the DREAM Project, a United States-based nonprofit focusing on early childhood education and community enrichment. On this two-week tropical adventure, a select group of passionate teens, grades 9-12, will travel to the Caribbean to give back to the local community, take part in Dominican culture & traditions, discover the area’s unique Jewish history, and have fun in the sun! All participants will earn approximately 25 hours of community service work.
- Israel Adventure: http://usy.org/escape/usy-israel-adventure/ Climb the fortress of Masada, put a note in the Kotel in Jerusalem, lay on the beaches of Tel Aviv, and drink tea in a Bedouin tent in the Negev desert as you travel across the beautiful, diverse landscape of Israel.
- L'Takayn Olam: http://usy.org/escape/ltakayn-olam/ Spend four weeks sightseeing, exploring, and engaging in service projects on a daily basis in Haifa, Jerusalem, and the Golan. Gain a true love and understanding of the Jewish homeland by planting new life into its soil, meeting and engaging with its people, and lending a hand to make it even better.
- Eastern Europe/Israel Pilgrimage: http://usy.org/escape/eastern-europeisrael-pilgrimage/ Discover Eastern Europe, from the towering spires of Prague to the bustling creativity of Berlin to the quiet, rolling countryside of Poland. Gain a deeper understanding of Jewish history in each country (which includes visits to concentration camps), before embarking on a four-week tour of Israel. (For more information see USY Israel Adventure).