Choose from Travel for Teens' list of 58 different service trips varying in destination, length of trip, and ages!
Meaningful community service is an important component to many of our programs. There is no better way to fully immerse yourself in another culture than to lend a helping hand and volunteer in the local community! On our service trips you will not only discover the heart and essence of each community and country, but you will learn more about yourself in the process.
- Cinque Terre Community Service - Join Travel for Teens on a service trip to the Cinque Terre (Italian for "Five Lands"), Rome, Sorrento, Capri and the Amalfi Coast. The knowledge of our incredible guides - the result of years spent living and studying in the country - allows you to enjoy a safe trip filled with abundant options.
- Sicily Community Service - Live with an Italian host family while you immerse yourself in the countries' culture and participate in meaningful service projects.
- Costa Rica Adventure and Service - See more tropical wildlife in its natural habitat than you can anywhere else in the world, zip line through the jungle, go on a crocodile safari, stay in a beautiful resort on the Pacific and work with locals on fun, meaningful community service projects!
- Costa Rica and Panama Service Adventure & Spanish - This 22-day language trip is an intensive program that incorporates two homestays in two different countries and five cities between Costa Rica and Panama, providing a unique way to learn Spanish and embrace these two cultures. It's the perfect program for those who want to participate in meaningful volunteerism projects and explore the best that Costa Rica and Panama have to offer.
- Costa Rica Service and Spanish - Join us in Costa Rica for a chance to hone your Spanish skills (all levels welcome), volunteer at a local school, snorkel, zip line, go white water rafting, drift down rivers spotting monkeys and sloths in the rainforest and much more!
- Costa Rica Surf and Service - We'll immerse ourselves in the day-to-day life of a beachside community, spending time with local schoolchildren and helping to improve community facilities. The second half of the trip features surfing lessons on one of the best beaches in Costa Rica!
- China Discovery - Ancient civilization fuses with high-tech modernity in today's China, and the time to experience this incredible transformation is right now. Visit Shaolin monks who practice kung fu, commune with endangered pandas in Chengdu, walk the Great Wall of China and so much more!
- Japan Discovery - Japan is a land of ancient cultures, strong traditions and technology of the future. From the flashy cityscape of Tokyo to the peaceful temples of Kyoto and majestic Mt. Fuji, Japan will astonish even the most well-traveled students.
- Thailand Service & Adventure - Experience the world's bluest waters, world-class diving, Buddhist monks, intricate temples, mouth-watering cuisine, elephant rescue projects and the gentle smiles of the Thai people.
- Thailand Elephant Service and Explorers - Volunteer at an elephant sanctuary and learn all about these beautiful animals while riding, bathing and playing with your new pals. Experience the beauty of Northern Thailand while on a rafting adventure down the Pai River, and take a walk on the wild side in Mae Hong Son as you explore long neck hill tribe villages, caves and waterfalls.
- Thailand Elephant Service and the Islands - The same as our Elephant Service and Explorers trip, but with an week-long extension to tropical paradise on some of Thailand's pristine islands.
Australia & Fiji
- Fiji Service and Adventure 1 - A 17-day trip where we will visit two spectacular island chains, where we'll spend our days snorkeling, diving, sailing, kayaking, feasting on traditional foods, meeting locals, soaking in Fijian culture and volunteering at a Fijian school.
- Fiji Service and Adventure 2 - For those who want a shorter, 13-day version of our longer Fiji Service trip!
- Australia & New Zealand Service - Fly across the International Date Line and arrive in the Land Down Under! Our journey to Australia & New Zealand is a perennial TFT favorite, combining adventure with cultural exploration, and major travel destinations with little-known gems.
- South Africa Community Service - We will get in touch with the heart of this amazing place by combining days of meaningful service with journeys through the country's major cities and mind-blowing game parks.
Balance and Flexibility We balance fun with learning. From years of working with teenagers and young adults, we've learned what's engaging and interesting, and what isn't. We create travel and study abroad itineraries for the summer that are fun and exciting, as well as well as culturally educational. We see hordes of teens walking around Europe with blank disinterested faces all too often, so to stray away from boring teen travel we provide our participants with choices each day rather than a rigid itinerary.
As Seasoned travelers we recognize that unplanned activities are often the most memorable, which is why we are always flexible when there is a local festival or special art exhibit the group is interested in season. For example, this summer during the World Cup we made sure all of our teens in Germany at the time were able to get in on the action and be a part of the once in a lifetime experience.
Our Staff Regardless of the travel trip you choose, if your leaders aren't fun, the trip won't be fun. Travel for Teens employs responsible, knowledgeable, well traveled, fun loving staff. Our trip leaders and counselors work to ensure that all students are both having the time of their lives AND learning (without even realizing it!).
Education All Travel for Teens summer trips are designed to be as educational as they are fun. In fact, many TFT trip leaders and counselors are former or current educators. While some of TFT's trips are focused on a particular activity (photography, language study, community service, etc.), cultural exploration trips (which do not include classes or volunteer work) are no exception when it comes to learning. Travel for Teen's goal is for every student to absorb cultural nuances, culinary treats, and interesting historical facts on every trip. On foreign language trips, we find engaging ways to enhance mornings' classroom learning with scavenger hunts, trips to the market, or challenges that require participants to interact with locals. On our photography trips, teenagers and young adults are exposed to professional photographers who teach both technical and conceptual lessons for how and when to capture the perfect shot. Perhaps the most valuable life lessons come from helping others; on our community service trips, students are able to make an impact on a variety of projects in different countries. High school students give back to our host communities, fostering a sense of global interconnectedness and responsibility.
*Travel for Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience. TFT's motto is "Travelers not Tourists," and our itineraries are designed to reflect this. While participants have the opportunity to visit mainstream attractions, TFT also provides insider opportunities and experiences, giving them the opportunity to explore the culture beyond the tourist perspective. If you are looking for a summer travel program that goes beyond the typical tourist path than Travel for Teens may be the perfect fit!