The Center for Gifted offers an innovative and unique approach to education, providing superb opportunities for young people to explore diverse subjects in a challenging, creative environment free from the pressures of tests and grades.
Campers can choose from an array of programs such as Project 2015 in Elmhurst, Summer Wonders in Buffalo Grove, and Worlds of Wisdom and Wonder.
- Grades 6-12
- Elmhurst: Sandburg Middle School
Project 2017 is designed for bright, motivated learners who welcome dynamic opportunities to explore diverse subjects in a challenging, creative environment. This innovative summer program meets on weekdays for three weeks. Students may choose from three formats: Morning-Only, Full-Day, or Afternoon-Only. The development of problem-solving skills, creativity, and critical thinking is inherent in the framework for all courses. Projects and activities evoke active, hands-on participation.
Classes may include:
- Artist’s Studio
- Fashion Design Studio: Designing Disney
- Chemistry for Life
- Computer Animation
- Computer Graphic Design
- Contemporary Theater
- Energy Waves and Information Transfer
- Geometry, Art, and Architecture
- Historic Games of Strategy and Diplomacy
- Improv and Sketch Comedy
- OpenBuilds: (3 separate classes) - 3D Printer - CNC Machine - Laser Cutter
- Space Systems Exploration
- STEM with SteAm: Rube’s Adventure
- Survive Zombies and Other Emergencies
- The Write Stuff
- Web Design
- World War II: Midway, Guadalcanal and North Africa