The Mathworks Honors Summer Math Camp (HSMC) is an intensive multi-summer program for high school students. The goal of the program is to develop talented students of all socioeconomic backgrounds through immersive and in-depth experiences in an unique learning environment.
Mathworks Honors Summer Math Camp students develop important skills for future degrees and careers in math, science, engineering, and many other fields.
The HSMC courses nurture:
- Rigorous reasoning and logic skills (through experiences in mathematical proof-writing)
- Creative problem identification and solving skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Mindsets to tackle open-ended problems
- Great communication and presentation skills
Students are taught by university faculty, mentored by undergraduate counselors, and share the joy of exploring mathematics with their peers.
Cost and Session Information
The HSMC tuition fee is $4,000 for students who can afford it, but this amount only covers 90% of the true per-student cost of conducting the program, which includes room and board, faculty and staff salaries, and program management. We rely on the generous support of alumni, parents, and other thoughtful donors to provide mathematical opportunities to all interested students.