The Summer Intensives are designed for the dedicated dance student. Students are placed in either the Junior Intensives (ages 9-12) or Senior Intensives (ages 12-18) based on age and ability, each with its own set of core classes and minimum class requirements.
With its rigorous schedule and location so close to Broadway and Lincoln Center, this unique program will offer training for the aspiring ballet and theater dance professionals.
Junior Intensives (ages 9-12)
The Junior Intensive is designed to build core strength, flexibility, and endurance in the young pre-professional student. A minimum of three years of significant ballet training is required. Students are selected through either an in-person or DVD/video audition
- 4–5 daily classes, Monday–Friday
- Daily ballet and pointe/strengthening classes utilizing a variety of alternative techniques including Pilates and Thera-Bands
- Classes in jazz, theater dance, Horton-based modern, hip hop, and dance history
Senior Intensives (ages 12-18)
With its rigorous multidisciplinary schedule, the senior intensive offers training for the aspiring professional dancer. A minimum of four to five years of significant ballet training is required. Each session culminates in a studio performance. Students are selected through either an in-person or DVD/video audition.
Class Schedule: Daily classes in ballet and pointe with additional classes in pas de deux, variations, contemporary partnering, repertory, coaching, theater dance, jazz, hip hop, and Horton-based modern.
- 5–7 daily classes, Monday–Friday
- Enrichment classes in Pilates and stretching, dance history, and career related lectures and workshops
- Master classes with guest artists
- Pointe shoe consultations