SYA Summer France is a 5-week program for students who are dedicated to improving their language proficiency.
SYA Summer focuses on intensive language instruction and immersion in the culture, enabling you to make progress in the language while experiencing the sights and sounds of Rennes, France.
At SYA Summer in France, you'll immerse yourself in Rennes to deepen your understanding of French language and culture, particularly France’s regional diversity. Classes are held in the morning and afternoons are dedicated to activities, visits and excursions that allow you to discover this fascinating region of Brittany, France.
Evenings and weekends are spent in the comfort of your host family where you’ll have ample opportunity to share the highlights of your day over a delicious meal. Wrap up your stay with a five-day trip to Paris.
- Improve your French language skills while expanding your knowledge of France through multidisciplinary classes which incorporate history, contemporary culture, and journalism.
- Live with a caring host family who will teach you more about French language and culture than you could ever learn at school.
- Participate in local activities such as: kayaking, rope courses, and circus school.
- Explore Rennes and the surrounding area with the school, your host family and even on your own.
- Discover northern France with trips to places like Mont Saint-Michel, Saint Malo and Normandy - home to D-Day landing sites of World War II.
- Finish the program with a trip to Paris where the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Montmartre and la Tour Eiffel are just a few of the attractions.