If you're looking for a unique, fun and educational way to spend your summer vacation, the New England Aquarium may be the right place for you. The Summer Teen Internship Program is a great opportunity for teens to challenge themselves and learn useful skills while earning money.
The Aquarium offers paid and volunteer summer internships for Boston, Cambridge and suburban youth for one week of training and six weeks of work in July and August. Interns work in various departments throughout the Aquarium, including education, Gift Shop and camps.
- Extensive training in marine science, climate science, public speaking and customer service
- Opportunities to gain many skills including time management and responsibility
- One week of training and six to seven weeks of work Required attendance at
- Career Skills Workshop for first year teens and College Workshop for second year teens
- Required attendance on Environmental Stewardship trips to places like the Boston Harbor Islands, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute and other New England destinations
- Optional Behind-the-Scenes Workshop and weekly social meetings on Tuesday nights