The Miami University of Ohio Summer Scholars Program provides a rich, early college experience for academically-talented rising high school juniors and seniors from across the globe.
Miami University of Ohio Summer Scholars Program students will join an engaged community of learners for an intense, two-week program in which they do the following:
- Participate in challenging, immersive academic modules centered on a specific topic or area of interest.
- Learn alongside our leading faculty and professional experts.
- Reside in a "living-learning" community with other Summer Scholars participants and get a real preview of college life--live in a residence hall, eat in our award-winning dining halls, and enjoy campus facilities such as our Recreational Sports Center and Goggin Ice Center.
- Attend special workshops on topics such as the college admission process and financial assistance. Get an insider's look at the college application process--learn about ACT/SAT test preparation, how to find the right college fit, how to write the best college essay, as well as get an introduction to financial aid and scholarships.
- Participate in special excursions to local attractions, such as Kings Island, and a Cincinnati Reds game.
- Receive priority consideration for merit scholarships and for selection to top programs such as the University Academic Scholars Program, and the University Honors Program.