Camp Media Theatre 2016 is an extraordinary and exciting opportunity for young actors to study with Professional Directors, Performers, and Technicians. This intensive, two-week day camp is a fun, enriching and rewarding experience.
Campers write, design, and perform an improvisational theatre production that is performed on the Media Theatre stage for family and friends the final Friday evening of each camp session at 5:30 pm (there is a ‘door cost’ to see this production of $4 per person, which supports Media Theatre Youth Programs).
Each camp session is designed for children 6-15 years of age, in separate age groups.Your child will have the most unique and exciting experience at Camp Media Theatre 2016,which begins June 16 with five two-week sessions from 9:30-3:30, each Monday through Friday.
There will be ‘themes’ in 2016 with the focus being on learning and maintaining basic stage skills, singing, acting, and dance. Each day camp provides a unique opportunity for the campers in that they create their own ‘scene work’ in the acting class with the assistance of an instructor and director. Broadway songs and show music are added with choreography to create a Camp Show each two weeks which utilizes the personality of each camper.
Cost and Session Information
THE 2016 DATES AND THEMES ARE:
June 13 – June 17 — MUNCHKINS CAMP– SPECIAL ONE-WEEK CAMP FOR KIDS AGES 5-11. Features songs from “Wizard of OZ”, “Minions” movies, and lots of fun! Only $300 for entire week. Same schedule as other day camps. (Register before March 1 and save $25!)
All other camps are two weeks, Monday through Friday:
Register before March 1 for any listed below and save $50!
- June 20 – July 1 — MATILDA CAMP–Songs from the popular Matilda musical, Annie, and more. $550 for two weeks. (Register by March 1 …Save $50!)
- July 5 – July 15 — PEANUTS CAMP—Songs made popular in Charlie Brown musicals, 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and more. $550 for two weeks. (Register by March 1 …Save $50!)
- July 18- July 29 — DISNEY CAMP — Songs from Frozen, Lion King, and more. $550 for two weeks (Register by March 1 …Save $50!)
- August 1 – August 12—OZ CAMP— Songs from Wicked, The Wizard of OZ, and The Wiz! $550 for two weeks (Register by March 1 …Save $50!)
- August 15-August 26 — ROCK OUT CAMP—Songs from favorite rock musicals such as We Are The Champions, Thriller, Motown, and more! $550 for two weeks (Register by March 1 …Save $50!)
OUR 2016 SUMMER TEEN CAMP CONSISTS OF TWO GREAT MUSICALS IN 2016!
YOU CAN EITHER REGISTER FOR ONE OR BOTH. They are Jason Robert Brown’s “13”, plus Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “School of Rock”