KCAI's Pre-College ArtLab (PCAL) is a three-week residency program for freshman through senior high school students. Seniors who have already graduated are welcome to apply.
Students accepted into the KCAI's Pre-College ArtLab (PCAL) program will choose a studio major and also take an art history course as well as an intensive life drawing course. The program will help students discover first hand the commitment it takes to be an artist.
- Experience firsthand the commitment and focus it takes to be a full-time art college student
- Work with instructors who are practicing artists and educators
- Study within a college-like curriculum that will expose you to numerous new techniques and media
- Explore new possibilities by working in well-equipped studios featuring specialized equipment
- Live, learn, laugh and connect with high school students from across the country who are as serious about art as you are