Horizons Academy is the only private, non-profit, applied behavior analytic special education school in Maui County. Our mission is to empower, challenge, and support to achieve educational, life, social, and vocational goals towards becoming an active and productive member of their community.
Horizons offers educational services to all children K-12 and is a Medicaid Waiver Provider under the Department of Health DD/MR Division. Providing services since 1987 Horizons is widely known, respected and recognized on Maui and in the state for a number of reasons:
- The quality, individualized, and experiential programs provided to each student.
- The significant academic, behavioral and self-esteem gains.
- The successes being achieved by students who have transitioned out of the program and returned to mainstream schools or vocational placement.
- The successful community education programs and parent training workshops organized by Horizons.
- The high quality and expertise of the Horizons staff.