A college preparatory school with a strong Episcopal heritage of stewardship, inclusivity, and respect for the dignity of every human being, Heathwood Hall Episcopal School walks with students, challenging them to balance the highest standards of scholarship, citizenship, and servant leadership.
Heathwood Hall Episcopal School stands firmly in the Episcopal tradition of inclusiveness. The School strives to create an academic, social, and spiritual climate where diverse people learn, live, work, and play together with respect, responsibility, and understanding, free from the fear of prejudice and intolerance and committed to the selfless sharing of their God-given talents.
We are committed to:
- Requiring the mastery of a challenging college preparatory curriculum
- Developing core competencies for citizenship in the 21st century including: critical thinking and problem solving; collaboration across networks and leading by influence; agility and adaptability; initiative and entrepreneurship; effective oral and written communication; accessing and analyzing information; and curiosity, creativity, and imagination
- Helping our students establish a broader world view and understanding of global issues and people
- Knowing each child well and inspiring them to take responsibility for their learning
- Engaging students in purposeful and meaningful learning and assessments that connect to learners lives and to each other
- Living, working and worshiping together to fulfill the teachings of the Christian faith while also understanding and respecting different faith traditions and cultures
- Respecting the dignity of all human beings and caring for all creation
- Encouraging community members to consider and act upon the moral and ethical dimensions of their choices
- Promoting responsible and active citizenship and service beyond self
- Regarding our natural, political, and social environment as an integral part of our classroom experience
- Reflecting regularly to assess both program goals and the progress toward said goals.