Frederica Academy is a coeducational, nondenominational, independent, college preparatory day school offering the highest quality education for diverse students to maximize each student's potential and prepare him/her for college and adult life through the development of mind, body, and spirit.
Close relationships are a significant characteristic of life at Frederica Academy. We form a community based on mutual trust and participation by all students, faculty and administration. Because of this spirit, the government of daily life at this school is made as simple as possible. Students are given the freedom to practice expected self-control and to accept personal responsibility for their actions. The basic rules regulating our common life are intended to ensure consistency, fairness and a sound environment for education. Regular attendance at school and in classes is greatly valued, for absence from school removes students from both the learning process and important community building opportunities.
Frederica Academy aspires to provide those resources of faculty, curriculum, and environment which best enhance student opportunity for intellectual, physical, moral, social, and aesthetic development. Frederica Academy prepares its students to be self-reliant, active learners and responsible citizens who pursue excellence in all endeavors.
Our Academy Values are:
- To provide a vigorous academic and intellectual environment throughout the school
- To encourage independence of thought in an atmosphere of mutual respect and consideration
- To encourage the application of problem-solving techniques to academic and personal decisions
- To provide opportunities to practice and develop leadership, sportsmanship, courtesy, dependability, and integrity
- To stimulate awareness of the needs of others and promote community service
- To continue an appreciation of the Judeo-Christian heritage and a comprehensive understanding of religious thought
- To develop, through practice, an understanding and appreciation of democratic principles
- To encourage creative expression and appreciation of the fine arts
- To provide training in appropriate social behavior and manners