The mission of Evangelical Christian School is to provide the Christian family a Christ-centered, biblically-directed education that challenges students to know the Lord Jesus Christ and to develop the vision and practice of excellence in academics, character, leadership and service to others.
The basis of Evangelical Christian School is the infallible Word of God, written, and the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, as they are generally interpreted, in the historic evangelical confessions of faith. In accordance with these confessions, we hold unreservedly to the sovereignty of God, revealed in the Lordship of Jesus Christ, over the world and thus over every compartment of human activity, and submit unconditionally to the authority of Holy Scriptures, thereby recognizing these Scriptures as the supreme and final standard for Christian education and all other matters of faith and life. On this basis we subscribe to the following articles of belief:
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- We believe that man was created by an immediate and direct act of God, the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought, word, and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
- We believe that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will personally return and set up His Kingdom, wherein He will rule and reign in righteousness.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby become the children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the eternal blessedness of the saved, and the eternal retribution of the lost.