Farragut is a private boarding and day school in St. Petersburg, Florida that offers signature programs like Scuba, Aviation, Engineering, Marine Science, and NJROTC. Students come from an average of 32 countries and 17 U.S. states. Summer programs available.
In addition to the traditional curriculum, Farragut students have the opportunity to:
- Learn multiple languages: Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and sign language
- Take Aviation courses and earn a Private Pilot License
- Hands-on Marine Science at the campus' waterfront
- Earn up to four Scuba certifications; become Master Diver
- Make robots come to life in Engineering classes and clubs
- Leadership skills earned through the military NJROTC program
- Join one of our 21 athletic teams that welcome all levels of ability (athletics start in 6th grade, but are also offered as a club in earlier grades)
- Head to the waterfront to sail, kayak, cast net, fish, canoe, or paddleboard
- Venture out for a weekend camping or dive trip to a Florida spring or visit Florida theme and water parks like Disney World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, Sea World, and more
- Relax on campus for big screen movie and game nights
- Through dorm life and our college-like campus students learn to manage time and personal space, and to live harmoniously with others.
- College counselor creates an individualized college plan for each student.
- The high school NJROTC program provides the tools to become organized, accountable, self-disciplined, and respectful to self and others.
- Leadership positions and naval science training make our students' college applications stand out.
Educational Summer Boarding Program for Teens
Summer@Farragut is a unique six-week summer boarding program for teens entering grades 8-12 which includes living on campus while attending college-prep classes and participating in fun activities. Summer@Farragut also exposes students to cultural diversity, provides a focused learning environment, and helps students become socially mature. The program is held on Admiral Farragut Academy's waterfront campus.
The summer boarding program is divided into one six-week academic and elective session or three, two-week elective sessions. Teens can also choose to enroll in a single elective session, two elective sessions, or all three. The completion of a full six-week academic course earns one high school credit. Elective and recreational classes meet for two weeks each.