The mission of the TREE House of Greater St. Louis is to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities and their families through therapy, recreation, education, and exploration. Certified riding instructors help children and adults with disabilities reach their individual therapeutic goals by using horses as part of the treatment team during weekly therapy sessions.
Our volunteers are one of the most critical elements in the successful implementation of our program. Volunteers are the direct link between the instructor’s guidance to the client and the achievement of personal therapy goals with the aid of the horse. Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age.
Individual Volunteer Opportunities Available:
- Therapy Services volunteers work with clients, horses, and staff as side walkers, leaders, or horse handlers. No horse experience necessary.
- Administrative volunteers are expected to do general office work, such as answering the phone, data entry, filing, assisting with projects, etc.
- Barn Volunteers will participate on Project Days; clean stalls and tack.
- Camp Volunteers assist with horse activities as well as traditional camp activities. Full Day & Half Day opportunities are available. Must complete camp specific training.
- Gardening & Groundskeeping help to keep our 90 acres beautiful!
- Fundraising volunteers assist at a specific event and/or serve on event committees.
- Professional Expertise donate their professional expertise, skills, and time in specific fields.
For more information about TREE House of Greater St. Louis and our volunteer opportunities, visit our website!