Host a Basic Necessities Drive to help support our Families. Call on those in your social circles and beyond to donate gift cards to those in underserved communities.
During the pandemic, our families have relied on us more than ever to help them with basic necessities. We need your help in stocking our shelves to make sure that our families can get what they need.
If you were not aware, our program is built around the concept of "Learn & Earn". All of our families must first "learn" by participating in our weekly activities, lessons, and/or presentations. They then "earn" tickets that can be spent on items from our "Treasure Chest Store".
Don't be intimidated by the idea of hosting a collection drive, it can be very simple. You just have to ask your classmates, religious group, colleagues, friends and/or family to help you collect basic necessities.
Basic Necessities (highest need):
- Diapers (size 1-6)
- Pull-Ups (size 2T-5T)
- Baby Wipes
- Toilet Paper (preferred in packs of 4 or individually wrapped)
- Household Disinfectant (bottles)
- Hand Soap (liquid or bar)
- Dish Soap
- Laundry Detergent (liquid, ~100 fl oz bottles preferred)
- Toothpaste/ Toothbrushes
- Feminine Pads
- Send Sunday Friends your expected start and end date.
- Designate someone as the main collector.
- Coordinate with us on a delivery date.
- Complete and submit a Donation Sheet at the end of the drive.
Importantly, all items must be new and in their original packaging. Partially used items or unpackaged items will be thrown away. For instance, we will not give our families a tube of toothpaste that is not in its original sealed box.
Please contact us if you'd like more information on this volunteer opportunity.