The Salvation Army in the nation's capital needs your help from your home! Volunteers shop for care package items (or host donation drives in their neighborhoods) and put together bags for local families in need. Then you drop off at one of 8 DC Metro Area locations - or simply ship straight to us from online!
We are collecting items for seniors and vulnerable populations. You can help by creating care packages from the security of your own home and safely dropping items at our locations:
• Canned soups and other dry and canned foods
• Gift cards to Giant or Safeway
• Socks, hats, gloves and toiletries
• Large-font activity books like sudoku
• Diapers and baby wipes
• Sanitizing supplies Drop Off Information
We will receive donations Mondays, 1-4pm, at the following locations. Please leave donated goods outside the front door and call or text 202-345-2238, indicating the location where you are. We will check for drop-off regularly, too.
• 3335 Sherman Avenue, NW
• 2300 MLK Jr. Avenue, SE
• 20021 Aircraft Drive, Germantown
• 4825 Edmonston Avenue, Hyattsville
• 1804 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria
• 518 South Glebe Road, Arlington
• 4915 Ox Road, Fairfax
• 1483 Old Bridge Rd, Ste 102, Woodbridge
To drop of at other times, please coordinate your preferred time and location via email, call, or text: firstname.lastname@example.org / 202.341.9712
Safety is paramount. Please follow these precautions: • Do not purchase items or prepare and drop-off care packages if anyone in your home is sick. • While packaging and dropping of goods, wash hands frequently and avoid touching your face. • During drop-off please leave food at the front and follow social distancing procedures. • Donated items must be unopened and not expired.