The Mount Vernon Hotel Museum & Garden (MVHM) celebrates life in 19th-century New York and educates the community through relevant interpretation and preservation of the only remaining historic day hotel in Manhattan.
Volunteer opportunities are available for those interested in becoming interpreters or educators or assisting in our curatorial, development or marketing departments. During the summer, the Museum is offering a 4-week high school internship program. Participants will have the opportunity to join in the day-to-day activities of a historic site, including:
- research life and artifacts of the 19th century
- post to social media accounts
- support summer programming for children
- explore NYC history
- strengthen public speaking, discussion, and writing skills
- learn about careers in museums, history, art, and education
For information about MVHM, visit our website.