- Listing Type: Volunteer Opportunities
- Category: Advocacy for Cause, Aging with Dignity, Animal Rights and Rescue, Cultural Organizations, Community Resources, Health and Well Being, Homelessness and Hunger, People with Disabilities, Preserving the Environment, Promoting Volunteerism, Youth Outreach, Literacy and Education, Healthcare
- Volunteer Type: Individual, Supervised Group, With Parent/Guardian, Special Events, Other, Online
- Minimum Age: 12
Teens...VOLUNTEER with Lion's Heart!
Lion’s Heart teens are dedicated to positive social impact. We are a national nonprofit providing students with local and virtual volunteer opportunities for nonprofits, leadership skills, and awards to help build a strong community service portfolio.
Founded in 2004, Lion's Heart is a national nonprofit community service organization for teen volunteering and leadership in 6th through 12th grade who wish to volunteer, become leaders, and earn awards. Lion's Heart is non-secular, and there is NO FUNDRAISING.
- Lion's Heart offers both individual memberships and group memberships
- Volunteer anytime, on your schedule
- All members can start May 1 of their 5th-grade year (or anytime after that)
- Volunteer on your own schedule virtually or in-person
- Group members participate in at least 4 of 6 monthly meetings/year, virtually or in-person
- If choosing a group, we offer mixed-gender and same-gender groups
- Groups are assigned by grade, and location with 3-20 in each group
- Group members elect officers, lead meetings, and decide together how to serve the community
- Hours for other community service organizations (i.e., Boy/Girl Scouts) count towards Lion's Heart hours
- Parent participation is encouraged, but not required
- Track all your hours in one place to share via Parchment to colleges
Benefits of Membership with Lion's Heart:
- Share your official, verified Cumulative Volunteer Transcript with colleges and internships through our partnership with Parchment
- Elect leadership positions in your group
- Service related college scholarship opportunities exclusively for our members
- Virtual or in-person (within 20 miles) volunteer opportunities with local nonprofits
- Track all volunteer hours in one place, even if done outside Lion's Heart as long as you are a member when you do them
- Lion's Heart t-shirt included with first year membership dues
Earn awards for encouragement, pride, and your resume!
- President's Volunteer Service Award
- The Congressional Award
Lion's Heart -
- Torchbearer Award
- Pride of the Lion's Award
- T.O.B.Y. Award
- Golden Lion Award
Membership Dues: $65 one time enrollment fee and $94 yearly to renew (discounts are provided for hardship situations)
Tax-deductible but please seek advice from a tax professional Lion's Heart has existing chapters (usually the city/region) in many states across the nation.
If you do not see your city listed on our website, simply request a chapter during the enrollment process, and our Volunteer Services Manager will help you with starting a chapter and enrollment.