Teens...VOLUNTEER with Lion's Heart!
Lion’s Heart teens are dedicated to positive social impact. We are a national nonprofit providing students with local and virtual volunteer opportunities for nonprofits, leadership skills, and awards to help build a strong community service portfolio.
Founded in 2004, Lion's Heart is a national nonprofit community service organization for teen volunteering and leadership in 6th through 12th grade who wish to volunteer, become leaders, and earn awards. Lion's Heart is non-secular, and there is NO FUNDRAISING.
- Lion's Heart offers both individual memberships and group memberships
- Volunteer anytime, on your schedule
- All members can start May 1 of their 5th-grade year (or anytime after that)
- Volunteer on your own schedule virtually or in-person
- Group members participate in at least 4 of 6 monthly meetings/year, virtually or in-person If choosing a group, we offer mixed gender and same gender groups
- Groups are assigned by grade and location with 3-20 in each group
- Group members elect officers, lead meetings, and decide together how to serve the community
- Hours for other community service organizations (i.e., Boy/Girl Scouts) count towards Lion's Heart hours
- Parent participation is encouraged, but not required
- Track all your hours in one place to share via Parchment to colleges
Benefits of Membership with Lion's Heart:
- Share your official, verified Cumulative Volunteer Transcript with colleges and internships through our partnership with Parchment
- Elect leadership positions in your group
- Service-related college scholarship opportunities exclusively for our members
- Virtual or in-person (within 20 miles) volunteer opportunities with local nonprofits
- Track all volunteer hours in one place, even if done outside Lion's Heart as long as you are a member when you do them
- Lion's Heart t-shirt included with first-year membership dues
Earn awards for encouragement, pride, and your resume!
- President's Volunteer Service Award
- The Congressional Award
- Torchbearer Award
- Pride of the Lion's Award
- T.O.B.Y. Award
- Golden Lion Award
Membership Dues: $65 one time enrollment fee and $94 yearly to renew (discounts are provided for hardship situations) Tax-deductible but please seek advice from a tax professional
Lion's Heart has existing chapters (usually the city/region) in many states across the nation. If you do not see your city listed on our website, simply request a chapter during the enrollment process, and our Volunteer Services Manager will help you with starting a chapter and enrollment.