Galveston Bay Foundation is a conservation nonprofit that has served as a guardian of Galveston Bay since 1987. Our mission is to preserve and enhance Galveston Bay as a healthy and productive place for generations to come. We work to facilitate a true cross-section of Bay interests through creative, inclusive, and forward-thinking solutions to the challenges confronting Galveston Bay. Volunteers are the heart and soul of the Galveston Bay Foundation!
By volunteering with the Galveston Bay Foundation, you can:
- Gain valuable field training and experience in environmental conservation and restoration
- Increase your knowledge of the ecology and economy of Galveston Bay
- Become experienced in non-profit development, administration, and fundraising
- Earn volunteer credit for school, community service, and other service projects
- Enjoy the amazing feeling of doing something great for the environment!
- Some employers offer a grant to the nonprofit for a certain amount of hours volunteered.