FOCUS + Fragile Kids is here to help children who are medically fragile or have significant developmental and/or physical disabilities. We comfort with hospital visits and support groups, offer hope by information and education, provide fun activities for parents and kids and help to make equipment available to children in need.
Here are just some of the ways you can help FOCUS + Fragile Kids families:
- Camp Hollywood
- Week-long, summer day camps for kids age 5 21, about 5 hours each day
- Activities include arts & crafts, science experiments, cooking, recreation, and music
- Volunteers encourage campers in activities and help group leaders make sure that campers are safe and having fun Camp TEAM
- Week-long, summer day camp for kids age 7 13, about 5 hours each day
- Activities include adaptive sports, swimming, scavenger hunts, and more.
- Volunteers encourage campers in activities and help group leaders make sure that campers are safe and having fun Swim Team
- Volunteers provide encouragement and coaching to swimmers during hour-long practices
- Under the supervision of head coaches, volunteers provide instruction and make sure that swimmers are practicing safely
- Volunteers ensure that swimmers feel included and part of the team Volunteers must be at least 14 years old, those who are 18 and older will need to complete a background check prior to volunteering.