Our mission is to provide equine assisted activities and therapies (EAAT) for individuals with physical, mental, emotional and developmental disabilities to enhance their quality of life.
Without volunteers Circle of Hope would not be able to offer this invaluable service! We would love (and greatly appreciate) your time as a Circle of Hope volunteer. There are several types of volunteer opportunities, so well be sure to find one that find one (or two!) that matches your interest.
Volunteering is great way to meet new people, and get involved with the community, It also provides you with a tremendous feeling of pride and satisfaction when you help others! Must be age 14 or older and be able to attend a volunteer orientation/training. Volunteers perform many tasks that are vital to successful program operation. A typical day may include:
- grooming horses
- preparation of horses and arena for sessions
- working with staff
- providing feedback
- exchanging ideas and making suggestions about participants sessions
- assisting participants during their therapy sessions (under the guidance of the instructor)
- leading the horse during the session
- safeguarding the participant during a session
- caring for equipment