A.G. Rhodes Health & Rehab provides expert and compassionate rehabilitation therapy and residential care to seniors in metro Atlanta.
As a mission-driven organization, we are guided by what is best for our patients and residents. Their physical, social and psychological well-being is our chief concern.
Individual volunteers, families, and groups are welcome. We have volunteer opportunities at all three A.G. Rhodes locations every day of the week and can accommodate volunteers of all ages.
- Activity Assistant: help run an activity session for our residents such as BINGO, arts/crafts, games, and social events and more!
- Music Therapy: spend one-on-one time with a resident as they participate. No music experience necessary!
- Songs for Seniors/iPod Program (individual volunteers): deliver iPods to our residents with personalized music, discussing their use of the iPod system, or ensuring that the iPods remain charged.
- Horicultural Therapy: assist the Horicultural Therapist during sessions as wells as help maintain the therapeutic greenhouse, gards, and general outdoor facilities.
- Pet Therapy (individual volunteers): come volunteer with your pet & help brighten a day, reduce loneliness, and bring back fond memories.
- Resident Visitation (individual volunteers): spend one-on-one time with residents visiting, reading, writing letters/emails, and playing games.
- Entertainment: showcase your special talent whether you're a solo act, part of a dance group, or a storyteller, etc., bring some fun and smiles to brighten the day!
- Outings Escort: assist residents on shopping trips and visits around town during scheduled outings
- Special Interest Clubs (individual volunteers): share your special interest or talent in forming a club for our residents
- Generation Connect: promotes intergenerational relationships between youth and elders through volunteering.
For more information about volunteer opportunities, visit our website.