- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, November, December
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Computer Science, Coding, Computer Skills
- Selective: No
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Career Clusters: Information Technology, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
In this course, we will learn the basics of using Scratch Jr. Students do not need to have any coding experience but should know how to work their device. Each class, the students will add to their animated story with new skills that they learn.
Scratch Jr. is a visual block coding language that is perfect for prereaders. All of the blocks use images for their labels. Each session is only 30 minutes long so that young students can stay engaged and focused the whole time.