- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Online
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, November, December
- Session Length: One Week
- Entering Grade: Below 6th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: STEM
- Sub-Categories: Computer Science, Coding, Computer Skills
- Selective: No
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Career Clusters: Information Technology, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Credit Awarded: No
Coding is a part of the computer science curriculum that is currently lacking in schools. I believe that all kids can code and it allows them to become creators and inventors, which is what we need our children to do as they get older. In this program students will learn the basics of coding and work together to get started with basic projects.
Students will learn vocabulary words, algorithm, program and debugging. They will begin to understand how to give a specific set of directions, and when they directions don't work, they will be able to find the mistake and fix it. They will also learn why coding is important.
Coding is a great way to build social and emotional skills that include, perseverance, resilience and problem solving as well as creativity and innovation.