- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Counselors in Training
- Selective: Yes
- Ages: 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Call: (415) 444-8166
Camp Kehillah is looking for talented staff to work at our award-winning Summer Camp! Staff should have some experience working with children, must possess an upbeat, high energy and welcoming demeaner, and be interested in working in a fast-paced, team environment. Camp staff supervises and participates in camp activities such as art, music, sports, swimming, Jewish programming, nature and much more! While we are a Jewish camp, identifying as Jewish is not a prerequisite for employment.
• All Marin JCC Camp staff must be at least 16 years of age, able to obtain a work permit, and be willing and able to participate in all aspects of camp.
• Some prior experience with children and/or prior experience at a camp is preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, treating every person with respect.
General and Specific Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the health and safety of each and every camper.
• Act as a role model for your campers and fellow staff members.
• Accountable for the appropriate behavior of your campers.
• Participate in group activities, including time with Specialists and swimming.
• Plan and implement daily group programs, including requesting supplies in advance.
• Get to know the names and needs of each individual camper in your group.
• Care for children and their belongings.
• Responsible for the group’s use of the facilities, including respecting property, return of equipment and clean up.
• Show up on time and ready to work each day.
• Be able to comfortably navigate short distances of rough terrain on short hikes or at campgrounds.
• Be able to assist in an emergency (fire, earthquake, injury, etc.).
• Be able to observe activities in order to assess the safety of every camper.
• Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
Visit our website to learn more and apply!