- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Sub-Categories: Fishing, Kayaking, Sailing, Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Summer camp is about learning skills, developing character, and making friends. Few environments are as special as Takodah, where children become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group. Camp is about learning skills, developing character, and making friends.
Takodah teaches self-reliance, a love for nature and the outdoors, and the development of attitudes and practices that build character and leadership—all amidst the fun of campfires, bugle calls, canoeing, archery, talent shows, and meaningful relationships. Our cabin leaders are dedicated to making sure summer camp is a life-changing experience for every camper.
Our single-gender programs provide a well-rounded childhood experience for campers who spend their school years in co-ed environments. By relieving all of the pressures of co-ed environments, Takodah helps campers increase positive self-images, positive behaviors, and confidence—all while supporting deeper friendships and bonds.
For any child comfortable choosing their own activities, making friends, and staying away from home for more than a few nights, our two-week Girls Camp program is the right choice. The two-week minimum timeframe gives campers just the right amount of time to experience the best of Takodah.