- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Hiking, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
The Classic Adventure two week trip is the flagship of our entire summer youth program. After running this two week backpacking based program for more than 23 years we truly have it down to a science.
Just like on all Wilderness Adventure trips, The Classic Adventure is a full outdoor experience. You will camp in backpacking tents, cook back country meals on Whisper-lite stoves, and share the accomplishments of each day with your group and leaders by the fire each night.
We consider this trip the “sampler” as it exposes its participants to all the best activities the outdoor community has to offer. Activities that may be included in the Classic Adventure are backpacking, low elements, high ropes, 50' climbing wall, natural rock climbing, mountain biking, caving, canoeing, kayaking, outdoor living skills, and our 900' zip line. For more information on specific trips check out the sample schedules to the left.