- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Provided By: College
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Four Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Theatre Arts, Musical Theatre Arts
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: Free
- Credit Awarded: No
Offering classes and workshops-four weeks of acting classes with workshops in movement, voice training, and theatre crafts and Story Troupers, a teenage touring ensemble-plus Advanced Performance Intensives: 2 weeks in August for the experienced student.
While we encourage students to repeat classes, particularly at the youngest, creative dramatics level, we also thoughtfully design a scope-and-sequence of class offerings within each age group so that students are consistently asked to build upon what came before.
Early creative dramatics classes lead to introductory acting, movement, and improvisation classes, then to specialty classes such as musical theatre, stage combat, and scene work. Experienced students can then audition for Wheelock Family Theatre's advanced performance programs and mainstage productions.