- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Day
- Session Start: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, November
- Session Length: Other
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, PG, College
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Swimming, Water Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19+, 19
- Minimum Cost: <$500
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Westchester & Fairfield's Lifeguard Training program is a great opportunity for young advanced swimmers to be certified as a lifeguard.
This American Red Cross Lifeguarding course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to recognize, prevent, and respond to aquatic emergencies. During this program, students will participate in in-person skill sessions and online simulation. They are also expected to complete additional work outside of class in order to better prepare them for potential emergency situations. By the end of the course, participants should be equipped with skills necessary to provide care during cardiac emergencies, injuries, and more. This program is best suited for swimmers who are of the advanced level and can pass the prerequisite skills evaluation.