- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Private School
- Session Start: June, July
- Session Length: Five Weeks
- Entering Grade: 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Performing & Visual Arts
- Sub-Categories: Dance
- Selective: No
- Ages: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: > $3,000
Each year Walnut Hill School for the Arts conducts a national audition tour in January to select 60 of the most dedicated and talented young dancers (ages 13-17) from around the world to join our program. Summer Dance is a five week pre-professional ballet-based intensive for dancers ages thirteen to seventeen.
Our faculty includes world-renowned dance educators who have enjoyed careers as professional dancers, most of whom are also on our year-round faculty. Professional musicians accompany most classes, which are held in the five spacious studios of our Dance Center. The program culminates in a repertory performance in Walnut Hill’s state-of-the-art Jane Oxford Keiter Performing Arts Center.
Cost and Session Information
June 26-July 29, 2017